Tuesday, March 24, 2009

All Hail Spring's First Day!

Sunday, I had one of those moments where circumstance wakes me from my bliss with a solid slap to the face.

Mom was here and we were sitting at the dining room table sipping tea and talking. I heard the comforting sound of rain so I spun around in my chair to watch. What I saw were streaks of white hail. Since I was safely inside (and not riding my bike at 12 miles per hour, thus experiencing a very painful exfoliation process), I sat back enjoying the beauty of the moment. Pretty white hail falling from the sky, bouncing on the deck, the lawn, my little seedlings… MY LITTLE SEEDLINGS! It was there that the Universe made bold to remind me that hail on little baby plants is bad. Very bad. I found myself dashing between the deck and the kitchen floor bringing the poor babies to safety. I did this just in time, for next it began to sleet.

My poor seedlings aren’t looking so well, now. I may decide to start anew with fresh seeds, just in case these babies don’t make it.

Breathe deeply,
Laugh with abandon,
Love wholly,
Eat well.

MiLady Carol
www.miladycarol.com
Dazzling jewelry that reflects sparkling personalities!

1 comment:

  1. Here's to good ole Oregon weather! :-)

    Good luck with your next batch of babies.

    So when are you hosting your next world famous tea parties?

    Sincerely
    George Tran
    Author of "The Social Marketing Manifesto"
    Success Strategies for Small Businesses using Social Media
    www.socialmarketingman.com
    www.twitter.com/georgetran

    ReplyDelete