Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Garden is In!

Today, assisted by my sweet angel, Kitte, I was able to fetch my yard of organic gardening soil. They even gave me 6 little spinach starts with my purchase! Yay! We transported it home, G and I moved it from the truck to the garden bed, then I began the process of planting – a process which I finished just in time. I sowed, labeled, watered and had just stood back to admire my work when it began to hail. *laughs* Fret not. My Mom had given me her plastic gallon water jugs a few weeks ago, so I quickly cut the bottoms off and placed them over the little spinach starts to protect them from the ice. It’s all beautiful.



I must say, there is nothing quite like the thrill of working in soil. After a while, I abandoned my shovel and just shifted the earth using my hands. It’s amazingly satisfying. I am entranced by the smell and texture of it, and I am in love with how enriching it will be for my veggies.

Breathe deeply,
Laugh with abandon,
Love wholly,
Eat well.

MiLady Carol
www.miladycarol.com
Dazzling jewelry that reflects sparkling personalities!



1 comment: