Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Birdfeeder Buffet

… or, How To Make Dish Washing Exciting.



I am usually fairly dutiful about cleaning dishes. I choose not to have a dishwashing machine, so it’s all me. Though it’s never, historically, been my favorite thing to do, I have managed to make my mornings at the sink some of my most magical. I have the fortune of a window over the sink. This window overlooks part of my back yard, a part which I’ve turned into my little piece of Eden. The central view of this window is the Birdfeeder Buffet. I will often stand at the sink to eat my breakfast and drink my tea so I can watch Critter Cinema. This morning, I was rewarded by special guest appearances – American Goldfinches! Last year, I had Lesser Goldfinches, so this is their first spotting of these amazingly brilliant yellow birds.



I also found another new bird to my yard at the end of March which, with the aid of the trusty bird ID book I keep on the window ledge, I identified as a Red Shafted Northern Flicker.

Every day I grow more deeply in love with the little patch of land I’ve cultivated and I feel rewarded by so many delightful visitors to entertain and amaze me.

Breathe deeply,
Laugh with abandon,
Love wholly,
Eat well.

MiLady Carol
www.miladycarol.com
Dazzling jewelry that reflects sparkling personalities!

1 comment: