Friday, April 3, 2009

Dumpster Décor

I walked downtown to run some errands two days ago. I love walking through the neighborhoods because I can watch all the little changes in the flora and admire people’s curb appeal. I tend to alter my route a wee bit with each trip so I can see more streets and alleys. On my return trip, I walked down an alley where I happened upon a yard debris recycle bin overflowing with the trimmings of a white star magnolia and a fuchsia Camilla. I do love the smell of magnolia, so I was drawn like a moth to flame. I often stray far afield for a chance to stick my face in a delicious looking flower, so I wasn’t surprised to find my feet had taken me to the bins before I knew where I was going. Once there, I thought it was such a waste for these gorgeous flowers to wither away in a plastic bin when I could take some home and enjoy them -- after all, they were clearly unwanted. I began poking around for easily carried branches and pulled several of each. I tucked them in the crook of my arm and set off for home like the newly crowned Queen of the Flower Fairies. As they have wilted, I’ve deadheaded them and added fresh yellow daffodils from my own garden and continue to enjoy these discarded beauties.

Clearly, recycling is beautiful. *beams*

Breathe deeply,
Laugh with abandon,
Love wholly,
Eat well.

MiLady Carol
www.miladycarol.com
Dazzling jewelry that reflects sparkling personalities!

No comments:

Post a Comment