Saturday, May 16, 2009

MiLady Declares a War on Aphids

I’m sitting on the deck floor with my laptop, sipping tea and editing some text when I look lovingly over at my strawberry pot and see, much to my dismay, aphids. Gah! My strawberries! The nerve!

Did you hear that clatter? That was the sound of the gauntlet clanging on the ground.

In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny, "This means war."

I had seen a few on my roses and put some aluminum foil on the ground under them and I’ve been knocking them off daily with water, but when they dare to encroach on my food sources, the gloves come off and there is nothing save annihilation that will do. So, off to the kitchen to arm myself went I.

Into my old spray bottle I mixed dishwashing liquid, garlic oil and water. I emerged from the house like an old west gunslinger with an eye for business. *cue the ominous whistle* I sprayed my concoction over every leaf on the strawberry pot, lined the edge with aluminum foil, then headed over to the roses to draw yet another line in the sand – or soil, as the case may be. I’ll give the leaves a healthy shower tomorrow morning when I water and then douse them with my Potion of Aphid Annihilation.

I’ll report more from the trenches as the battle progresses. Rar.

Breathe deeply,
Laugh with abandon,
Love wholly,
Eat well.

MiLady Carol
www.miladycarol.com
Dazzling jewelry that reflects sparkling personalities!

No comments:

Post a Comment